Are you passionate about the design of urban games and playful experiences? Do you want to be part of an international community of creators and immerse yourself in the mysteries of Elefsina from July 14th until July 22st? Are you a recent graduate or emerging cultural practitioner in game & interaction design, art, urban planning & architecture, performance, technology, storytelling or a related field?
Μystery 135 Trust in Play_School of Urban Game Design_the Elefsina Cycles is searching for playful creators and practitioners to explore myths and nocturnal landscapes in Elefsina. The town of the old mysteries will offer us its history, its streets and public spaces. We will create playful offerings in the form of urban games, performances, live action role-play, bizarre/unpredictable storytelling and playful experiences and rituals of any kind. A surprising journey that will merge together, urban game, performance, technology, role-play and transmedia storytelling to transform our surroundings and vision.
The School will have 3 Cycles:
- Cycle 1 / April 28 & May 8: Researching the Mystery: awakening our community with two online events open to all
- Cycle 2 / May 27: Meeting the Mystery: a playful day in Elefsina on May 27th to meet and learn from the local participants
- Cycle 3 / July 16 to 23: Playing with the Mystery: Trust in Play Summer School from July 14th to July 22st
Why should you participate in Μystery 135 Trust in Play_School of Urban Game Design_the Elefsina Cycles?
- Join the International Training Week in Elefsina in July 2023 (limited travel scholarships available)
- Receive local and e-training by experts in urban game design, playful interactions, storytelling & cultural organization
- Create your own urban game in a small team with, mentorship, production & development support
- Present your game in a public event as part of the cultural program of 2023 Eleusis European Capital of Culture
Participation is free of cost, participants are expected to cover their own traveling costs however limited travel scholarships are available.
Free of cost accommodation is available in an actual school in Elefsina and some meals will also be covered by the School.
International participants are expected to be part of Cycle 3
Local participants (from Greece) are expected to be part of Cycle 2 and Cycle 3.