A long-awaited summer rendezvous becomes accessible by liminal! On Tuesday, June 27, the 7th Open Air French Film Festival starts at the beautiful gardens of the French School of Athens and this year, for the first time, the films will be presented with SDH produced by liminal!
This action, a proposal of the French Institute of Greece and the French School of Athens, in collaboration with the 13th Athens Open Air Film Festival, sets up again its big screen in the beautiful gardens of the French School of Athens for five unique screenings under the stars.
- Tuesday 27/06 – 21:30 : La Sirène du Mississipi | The Mississippi Siren by François Truffaut
- Tuesday 11/07 – 21:30 : L’Amour d’une femme | The Love of a Woman by Jean Grémillon
- Tuesday 18/07 – 21:30 : Lola Montès | Lola Montes, by Max Ophuls
- Thursday 31/08 – 21:00 : La Belle et la Bête | Η Beauty and the Beast by Jean Cocteau
- Tuesday 05/09 – 21:00 : Une aussi longue absence | The Long Absence by Henri Colpi
For the first time this year, all five screenings in the gardens of the French School of Athens will be presented with SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing in Greek by liminal, giving more viewers the opportunity to enjoy these masterpieces of French cinema.
Location: Gardens of the French School of Athens, 6 Didotou str., 10680, Athens
Days: 27/06, 11/07, 18/07, 31/08, 05/09
Find the full programme and trailer videos of the movies here.
Free admission with entry tickets to the screening area, until the available seats are filled. Tickets are distributed one hour before each screening.
The five screenings in the gardens of the French School of Athens will be presented with Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of hearing in Greek. Access to the screening area in the gardens (tennis court) requires the use of stairs and is unfortunately not accessible for wheelchair users.