with Marilena Petridou
liminal invites disabled and non-disabled people, who are interested in dance, to participate in the Feldenkrais workshop with Marilena Petridou on Saturday 27 May 2023, from 15:00 to 18:00 at Choros.
Movement and improvisation based on the Feldenkrais Method
The Feldenkrais Method is a tool for self-regulation, evolution and creativity. It uses movement as a medium and can go hand in hand with a range of explorations and improvisations as a tool in inclusive dance. People with and without disabilities coexist in this aesthetic-free exploration, seeking the essence of movement and learning. This practice is proposed as a creative “therapeutic” process and recreation. A special way for self-improvement and connection with the body and oneself, and secondarily with the group.
In a 3-hour seminar, we will experience an exciting connection with the Feldenkrais Method, particularly beneficial as a therapeutic and learning approach to disabilities of all kinds. We will learn about its scope and applications and connect this practice, which uses neuroplasticity as its main tool, to everything that concerns us. Movement, contact, awareness activation, dance for all bodies, using as a tool materials resulting from the Awareness Through Movement course.
- The programme is open to everyone regardless of social, age, physical, ethnic and linguistic characteristics.
- The methodology, content and venue are accessible to disabled participants.
- The courses will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, on the basis of applications received.
- You will need comfortable and warm clothes and a large towel or blanket.
- The course takes place without shoes.
Instructor: Marilena Petridou – Dancer, Movement Educator, Certified Feldenkrais practitioner
Maximum number of participants: 12 people
Location: 6 Theatrou Square, Athens, 105 52 (MAP)
Participation fee: 20 euros
Discount for disabled, unemployed, students and persons 65+: 15 euros
Fill in your application form here!